Thursday, January 27, 2011

a note on categorization

Last year, my dear friend Christopher and I began categorizing our interactions as "Life" and "Living." We did this out of the realization that small exchanges were really quite astounding, that observations and comments can stand alone. The general catagory of "Life" sums up a blanket, a "this is life" sort of thing. Living is what happens in now, only when you are in motion. Which could be always. So these categories mean everything and perhaps nothing.

Our plan was to take these observational beauties and eventually make a book. We had pen names and all. Perhaps one day we will make this book. But in the meantime, I am utilizing these classifications for my everyday, to help me realize that "it's okay, this will probably mean something to you someday."