Wednesday, February 4, 2009

something witty.

oh, the burdens.
the future.

Wednesdays do this to me.

And no, it's not okay, I don't understand, today. You say, piss off, you created that title, and I say, Yes, I did, but today I don't want to listen, and No, I do not have the answers.

I made a list with my friend Kayla, and I think perhaps, we will be each others saving grace.

There is this problem I have, where I forget to live in the present. Some call it a visionary, constantly striving towards new thoughts and ideals. Yet I call it impractical.

This goes for everything in my life. Even others have turned me into this visionary. Instead of focusing on what I need to do now, I dream of what I could be doing in my future life.

Today, for instance, I came back from my lunch break. As I rounded the corner up the stairs, I literally ran (almost) into (one of) my favorite people ever. Cary Waterman. In the flesh. She's my writing mentor who has no idea that she is my writing mentor, who I am unabashedly in love with, yet she will never know just how fond of her I am. She smiled and said, No way, I was just thinking of you two seconds ago when I saw this woman in a skirt and thought, That is going to be Emily in two years, and there you are now!

We then talked about my internship and life and how excited she was to be seeing book/arts.

Getting back to my original point though, she brought up Emily in two years. Not me now. Or even in a few days for that matter. It seems everyone has these illusions of grandeur for me, including myself, but I cannot seem to put my shoes on the right feet, let alone tie them right now.

So basically, as it stands, I feel like I am all talk and little (to no) action.