Tuesday, February 17, 2009

your hand is right in front of me

Almost two years has passed since I last saw a particular movie. I'd like to think that I am over my phase of terrible movie watching. I will not, however, lie to myself. I will always watch terrible movies.

That said. A quote came to mind today.

SPANNING TIME. WE ARE SPANNING TIME.

Really, it kind of baffles me that I liked Buffalo '66 so much for so long. I also really liked Empire Records a lot for a long time. I think this is for a few reasons:

A. I had this dream of working in a record store
B. '90's stupid teen counter-culture film
C. Ethan Embry
D. Rex Manning
E. Liv Tyler's horrible acting and how she always looks like she is on the verge of crying.
F. Young Renee Zellweger also always looking as if on the verge of crying
G. A crush on AJ. He was a dreamer.

oh, and H. The angsty young Robin Tunney who ended up being the model for Built By Wendy
to this:
Hilarious.

So all of those reasons, but I still identify how annoying and terrible it is/was.

Shitty films aside.

I have a lot to say right now but have been unable to talk about it. Whatever. My palms are sweating. And I have a boatload of new music that has been taking over my life.

And that concludes a nowhere post.