Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Here I am, Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm yours)

Yep.

So much, so little time. It's been far too long since I sat. Let alone written in this beast.

After I ran errands this morning for the coffee shop, I sat at the bar with a friend and read our horoscopes aloud. His were conveluded and made no sense - He is Aries/Pisces - and mine was spot on, as per usual. We collectively decided that the Libra horoscopes may as well be personally addressed to me.

I cannot recall this weekend vividly - I worked the entire time and did some sleeping.

One thing I have done, however, is keep up with my weekly task of purchasing a new record. Two weeks ago was Andrew Bird's new one "Noble Beast" which, similar to his other records, is a nice cohesive unit with three/four standout songs.

Last week I purchased the Bon Iver's 4-song "Blood Bank." Sound wise, it is not unlike "For Emma, Forever Ago." Blood Bank and the other two songs at the beginning are great, however, the last song could really have been omitted. Hello autotune/vocal bending. It is as if Bon Iver had a love affair with Imogen Heap and things went terribly wrong.

As for this week, I am unsure what I will get. Part of me wants to re-purchase "Pet Sounds" because I lost my copy. But perhaps I will take a week or two off and wait for the new Neko Case and Beirut.

I'm boring.