Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Waterpot

Some days I swear Neko Case should be behind me. I don't say that in a weird way, or in a tongue in cheek way. I say it literally. Behind me, with every motion, she would sing and consequently narrate the moments of my life.

That said.

Today is January 6th. It is 11:45 and I am fully dressed, fully awake, and sitting at school.
Initially I came here to get and fill out a packet to please the bureaucratic system, since I had no other pressing plans for today. I pulled up to find every parking space filled. Now sets in the questioning. Had I, the person who is habitually early for everything arrived late for the first week of classes? I parked, walked in, checked my mail, and sat at a seat beside a window. How could you be so calm? You ask. I reply without hesitation, I wasn't - It's a routine... a bit, if you will.

Quickly I checked my calender, which I so conveniently have gone without for the past three weeks. Alas, classes begin next week. As I thought. But this brought up a new questions - am I one of those people that relies on her calender?

I swore when I was younger that I would never be that person that heavily relies on a phone, a calender, a watch. As of today, I have officially become that person.

Now that the initial panic has passed, I am really at a loss of what to do today. For a moment, I thought my day was planned out - asl and film. Once again, there is nothing.

Neko Case should really be behind me.