Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sitting in the library with too much to do.

There reached a point today where I realized that if I didn't have to look at another computer screen for a long, long time, that I would be all right with that.

Since I decided grocery shopping is a wiser decision than eating out everyday, I now bring my lunch to either school or work. Although cost-efficient, I no longer take the breaks I used to. Pretty soon, I am going to have a rectangular blob burned into my eyeballs. Neat.

Also, I realized that any and all of the bitching I have been doing as of late is completely self-inflicted. Sure, you need a shift covered? I'll be your go-to. Need a ride? Or anything? Cool. I don't need sleep or time off. Resulting, I whine.

Today I was asked to write for the Walker film/video blog. Although ecstatic (which I kept entirely to myself), I was asked to write a bio for myself. I detest having to write - I mean actually write about accomplishments/self indulged/not relating to the banter I write about in here - about myself. It makes me uneasy. Whatever, just chalk it up to one more thing that makes me uncomfortable, not unlike condensation, sharing elevators, etc.

Of course in listing a bit of information about myself, I failed to mention my favorite movie. I did this for a few reasons. A. I don't really have a favorite movie, similar to how I don't really have a favorite band. B. This relates directly to my anxiety that occurs when record shopping because I feel that people are constantly breathing down my neck and judging my selection. and lastly, C. I literally over-looked the subject.

So when my co-worker was going through my ramble, attempting to put together an "about me", he commented that I didn't list a favorite movie, and that if I do grant him permission to put that in the bio without telling him what in fact my favorite movie is, that he would insert Weekend at Bernie's 2 in the slot.

Part of me wanted to grant permission and not say my favorite film.