Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday. Life, living.

I feel like it's appropriate to write something about this moment in time but I'm not sure what.

I wasn't running. The brown fields of Iowa passed my periphery as I drove.

The envelope wasn't big as I'd imagined. I didn't shower today and besides my boots, I'm not wearing anything I thought I would. Now I sit here eating stale pecans. An unbearable lightness of being.

This morning I woke up at three and laid awake next to my sister. I knew an envelope waited for me at home. The future played through my head like a janky sixteen millimeter film I would make about the situation. The future is right now. It doesn't look dissimilar to the one I'd thought of this morning, but it feels real and present, like I am in it and am breathing but I don't entirely understand yet.