Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday, Life.

Last night I threw together a quick batch of salted nut rolls for my father. Somehow covering fresh nougat with caramel caused my thought process to redirect to coffee. See, ever since my terrible bout with food poisoning in December, coffee hasn't really been on my radar, so it was unexpected to be day dreaming of the stuff. I thought about the styling I did for Target. It's frustrating to have never seen the print version, BUT! what it made me realize is that it has now been published, and therefore means I can show my rough images!

(Sincerest apologies for the long-winded introduction for merely showing photos of pretty lattes)












What a job. I e-mailed back and forth with the art director for about a week with regards to the type of machine and grinder I wanted, showed up to the studio day of, and poured lattes for three hours. And was compensated generously, to say the least. Perhaps I ought to get back in the world of food styling.

Nicole graciously took me out for celebratory sushi after my quick baking stint yesterday evening. Initially planned as a congratulatory dinner for her recent permanent job acquisition, the meal was quickly diverted to my recent news. Wonderful conversation and equally lovely sushi. Midori's Floating World is potentially the best in the city, aside from Origami. Quality of service and price wins without question.