Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fantastic images (life)

More often than not, my landlord is a total nut. But occasionally, he comes through, out of nowhere, with something amazing or incredibly generous. Like Christmas of 2009. There was a huge snowstorm and when I went out to my car in the morning, he had plowed around the entire perimeter. Yesterday, he sent me a link with the subject FYI. Turns out it was for 826LA, about a project they did with storytelling and recipes as a way to tell a personal narrative revolving around family. Then I looked into 826... how wonderful. Potentially something to keep on the back burner or horizon...

Images of the future, perhaps daydreams, keep me forward moving. Sometimes I wonder what life would be like without them. Without some sort of goal or ambition - visions of future me. Anticipation eats away at me and continually reminds me I am alive.

Speaking of images, look at these gems I stumbled upon this morning.




(From the top: Akira Kurosawa with Francis Ford Coppola; Debbie Harry with Iggy Pop; Dennis Hopper; Anthony Perkins with Audrey Hepburn)