Monday, May 9, 2011

You turkey: living

Much time has passed, along with a lot of living, since the last post.

Sometimes I don't know what to say to capture a moment. I want to, and I can see it streaming back in my head and oh how lovely it is! but there are no words that come to mind to articulate it. Maybe that is the essence of memory, why it is such a powerful thing.

Upon leaving the homeland yesterday, I noticed a wild turkey with its feathers outstretched. These turkeys are no strangers to the neighborhood, but usually they look like scrawny weird birds - like vultures or turkeys in the form of hairless cats. Apparently it is turkey mating season. I stopped my car in front of the male turkey and rolled down my window. It gobbled at me and puffed out its chest and started towards me. Then in my rear view mirror I saw a female slyly making her way over and decided to get away while my innocent eyes still had a chance. There are certain things you don't need to see and the imagination can do the work without seeing the real thing.

I was told yesterday that Life lines them up and I knock them down. I didn't know what to say to that statement at the time and continued the conversation without really addressing it. Quite clearly it stuck with me. At the time it was said I shrugged it off in disbelief, feeling a stupid sense of pity and that Karma has it out for me lately. But then I disproved that notion and proved the statement true.

I knocked it out of the park. Big time.

I've been following my instincts more lately. And they have been panning out. Really well. I may seem to have nothing figured out right now and seem really sporadic, but truth is I do.

She's waiting...