Friday, May 27, 2011

Get me a fawn

Moon River, wider than a mile, I'm crossing you in style some day. Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker, wherever you're going I'm going your way. Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. We're after the same rainbow's end-- waiting 'round the bend, my huckleberry friend, Moon River and me

I, too, want a pet fawn. Maybe I will find one at the cabin this weekend.

Rhubarb is in season. The pie and bars I made last night can attest to that. It was the first time I have ever baked without consulting a recipe. And boy did it feel good. Now it is time for round two to modify my instincts.

My indecision has been at an all-time high. Tonight, for instance, I cannot decide if I want to go up north or let the fifteen year old in me out and have a hay day seeing Jimmy Eat World. It really shouldn't be that hard but for some reason it's like the biggest decision I've ever had to make, like my life depends on it.

Last night consisted of some wine, some brie, and some baking. The new Bon Iver record is incredible. I laid in bed and stared at the ceiling. At that moment it was the best sound in the world. And then I slept and was woken at 12:45 and once again lay smiling, watching the shadows on the walls.

[Thug love]