Monday, May 16, 2011

missions

I spent my lunch break at the post office.

The guy at the PO asks, Is this perishable? as I hand over my paper bag wrapped box. He then flips it upside down and I squeal. I assure him It is wrapped well, I'm just nervous. Then he asks what it is and I tell him. A pie. How did you wrap it? He asks, Plastic wrap everywhere? And then I explain how it is wrapped and that it is fine but it's my first time sending a pie and it needs to be over-nighted.

So then I don't say why I'm sending this pie, just tell him All that matters is that it gets there tomorrow, condition is not that crucial.

For freshness, I add.

And then he just looks at me and goes You must really love this guy. I blush and don't know what to say because I don't love this person and then a lady chimes in from the line behind me and says, What kind of pie?

Now I'm really blushing and say Rhubarb.

A slight pause occurs and she responds. You will melt any man's heart with that.