Thursday, February 10, 2011

Living; Thursday

The morning started off by finding macaroons from Patisserie 46 hanging from my mailbox. It was single-handedly the sweetest gesture I can recall in quite some time. French Macaroons are my favorite treats; Everytime I'm in San Francisco I stop at Miette in the fairy building, buy a hazelnut macaroon, get a macchiato from Blue Bottle, and enter a euphoric state of bliss.

My dear friend knows all too well of my affection for these treats. She is well-known for doing secret acts of kindness. And today she knocked it out of the park.

Pretty much the only way this could have gotten any better is if somehow, a Blue Bottle macchiato magically appeared as well. But I realize the limitations of the magical things best friends can do. California is just too far away today.