Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday: This probably means nothing (living)

You are both diplomatic and tolerant. You wouldn't dream of imposing your will on a group of people who do things differently than you do. That's why your contribution and leadership are so necessary to your team.

I trapped myself in a ridiculous habit when I was seventeen by looking at my horoscope daily. Obsessively. And I had convinced myself that the Libra horoscope was so directly related to my life that it actually had an impact. To the extent that upon reflection of my horoscope and my day, a complete parallel would reveal itself. The routine of clipping out my astrological fortune from the StarTribune became part of my morning. I obtained a black box to hold them, because as my now swayed superstitious mind thought, if I threw them away, they wouldn't be real or valid or something bad would happen. Or something. (See: Faulty Logic) Anyways, I digress.

What this leads to is this: Each morning, I still read my horoscope. I don't cut it out, I merely look online. Although no longer thoroughly engrossed, it still stays within my subconscious, and I think it effects my actions, even if only slightly. Today for instance, I got in a stupid, stupid argument. And then let it drop because I am diplomatic and tolerant (See: Above). Apparently I am diplomatic and tolerant. I read that this morning, it stuck with me, and in the midst of the argument I thought, You need to be more tolerant, got all diplomatic with my viewpoint and allowed the issue to drop. And the best/worst part about it was: I was arguing whether or not nerdy girls are hot.

Can I just go ahead and say, What the fuck? OK.

What this leads to is maybe you need better things to occupy your time. Stop reading your horoscope. Or don't; perhaps it is teaching you to be a better person. Regardless of your horoscope, consider what you spend your free time doing. Perhaps you are being productive, who knows. Just be aware of how you occupy your boredom; you have found yourself quite bored lately. Make it positive whatever it is, and most of all, take note. It's important somewhere, to someone, somehow.