Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tuesday: Winning (life)

Winning. To succeed, be victorious, rank at the highest level of achievement.

For some reason today I feel it necessary to remind myself of the things I win at. Or have won. Ready, go:

Cribbage. Saturday February 5th
Trivia. Monday February 14th
Shopping. The ability to find something I need and/or an incredible deal is astounding.
Baking. 2nd place MN State Fair, August 2010. Ok, didn't win, perse, but won a ribbon. Winning.
Friendship. I have really awesome friends. And am pretty ok at being one (I think).
Useless knowledge. The knowledge retention and ability to conjur up with little-to-no-notice is stifling.
Eating abilities. Apparently I can eat a lot. Who knew?!
Having a super stupid sneeze. It's really girly. And sounds fake. And it's entirely real. Win.
Procrastination. If my grad school application isn't proof enough, I don't know what is.
Organizational compentency.
Being pro-active/taking others by surprise
. I joined a gym. Nothing else needs to be said.
Napping. I'm really good at this.

Perhaps you need to make a daily list of things you excel at, win, achieve. Although in jest you say "I win at life," with regards to various aspects of your life, consider that perhaps you do. Have you thought of that? You are alive afterall. That has to count as an epic win somewhere, to someone. So take your victories where you can. And mark them down. Someday you will have a really impressive trophy case.