Monday, February 14, 2011

Monday: Valentines Day, Cliched Living

Your passion for learning grows exponentially as you enjoy getting into the more nuanced layers of a subject. For you, it's not about becoming an expert. The joy of learning is its own reward.

Hopefully my horoscope from today is a sign of some sort. Foreshadowing. I really love foreshadowing.

Speaking of love. It's Valentine's Day. One thing should be stated: I don't hate Valentines Day.

It's simply a signified day to love all of the things I love (as if I didn't already). Last year, I listened to Magnetic Fields' 69 Love Songs in its entirety while I baked, which was apropos and pretty awesome. I'd never had a complete, one-sitting listening. So I baked and had a great soundtrack. This may become a tradition.

This weekend following suit with the "love" category, I bought myself a Le Creuset tea pot. Because I earned it, as Satchel Moore would say. I also got tulips, Godiva truffles, a Le Creuset butter dish, and two pairs of shoes. All things I love, naturally.

Today gets filed in the happiness category. Don't think of what you don't have, and think of what you do. What makes you happy and what do you love? Consider, it doesn't have to be a who necessarily. You love a lot of things. Today will be a good one.