Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday, life

Mis-interpretation of references are one of my favorite frustrating things. Ever.

For instance. I love the show Parks and Recreation. A lot. Last week, given the responsibility of naming our trivia team I instantly came up with "Rectangle...America...Megaphone" in that format, exactly. See, it is a wonderfully hilarious referential moment from the previous episode of P&R.

My real issue is this: I love inside jokes and references. But they are NEVER repeated back properly [when written down]. When our team was announced for winning first place, they called us the Rectangle American Megaphones. What the fuck. It entirely crushed my feeling of victory. Do you not see the ellipses? Those call for a pause. Plus it says AMERICA not AMERICAN. Anyways. Lesson learned. Never use anything funny or referential in a public trivia setting. It won't pan out for you.

In other news.

I completed my hardest/most tedious baking job to date last night. Fingers were burnt, stuck together, nougat was too hard/too soft. But I persisted. And damn if I'm not tickled pink I did.

Pearson's style salted nut rolls. They were created because of a ridiculous idea I had after eating a similar version with homemade marshmallow. I decided to up the ante and make homemade nougat, replicating the actual form in its entirety. This plan was explained to my friend Scott, who expressed his love for these treats. And tomorrow is his birthday.

Happy early birthday, Scott Johnson.
Bringing this post full-circle: Photo taken just after Rectangle...America...Megaphone's victory at trivia last week.