Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday, living

Today - at least not yet - no insight or thought worth writing about has revealed itself. Maybe I am simply being lazy. Perhaps I have simply been distracted by conversations with my co-workers. That sounds like a stupid blog in and of itself - Conversations with my Co-worker. But I'd never make that, mark my words. Anyways. It's nice. And has consequently hindered my usual daily posting today. My conscience has gotten the best of me and is making me post something.

So here we are.

Out of boredom I started paging through different blogs. Mostly food blogs. Some culture and style. But mostly food, as it consumes roughly 73% of my thoughts and is at the center of most activities I partake in.

I went to notwithoutsalt.com, which I love. It's lovely, hence me loving it. Anyways. I saw a link on her sight "17 and Baking" which I found to be clever with regards to that shitty MTV reality show. Then it hit me. This is a blog of a 17 year old baker. Upon entering her site, I find breathtaking photographs, innovative culinary/epicurious adventures, and above average writing. Upon clicking the"Featured On" I found a list longer and more credible than could have imagined. Ready Made, Jezebel, SeriousEats, PaperMag, just to name a few. And she's seventeen (well eighteen now, sixteen when she started the site).

Then I asked myself, Why the hell have you not made a food blog yet? You're hitting the status of Senior with regards to age in comparison to those "making" it out there, apparently. I cook, I bake, I document. And occasionally I write. So, because I have been "showed up," if you will, by a seventeen year old and my ego some how feels mildly bruised or damaged -although not directly - I will start one. Mark my words.